||2018年广州市中考英语话题复习（四）:话题4 Nature, world and environment
|2018年广州市中考英语话题复习（四）:话题4 Nature, world and environment|
|作者：佚名 文章来源：网络 点击数： 更新时间：2018/4/12 12:38:11 |
话题4 Nature, world and environment
7上U3 Earth, protect, report, part, land, field, large, provide, pollution, burn, pollute, into, ground, kill, must, important, fact, kilometer, own, catch, few, away, problem
7下U4 save, discuss, fight, against, example, harmful, produce, imagine, dig, hole, carry
9下U3 temperature, guess, green, coal, result, increase, nature, surface, habit, proper, friendly, purpose, government
9下U4 alive, pool, object, coach, pass, line, dead, stare, screen, notice, immediately, missing, fellow
7上U3 on Earth, on the land, under the water, provide…with…, put…into, throw away, stop doing something
7下U4 take in, come from, for example, in fact, look around, (be) made of, millions of, (be)good for
9下U3 greenhouse effect, in danger, as a result of, result in, mountains of, take action, make a difference, act as
9下U4 natural disasters, pass by, stick with, sit around, have no time to do, fall on deaf ears, stare at, in surprise, for now
The Earth is a beautiful place. Some…Some…
There are…on Earth. We must stop doing…
It is important for us to… What can we do to protect the Earth?
Are there any other things we can do? What problems do we have?
Air has no smell. Air has no taste.
We need air to survive. Air pollution comes from…
They are home to birds and animals. All of the above.
…help us in many ways. They keep the air cool and clean.
They’re major fighters against air pollution. …make our lives more convenient.
I can’t imagine a world without trees. We should stop doing this if we don’t want….
It covers…square kilometers of…and spreads across…countries. We must do our best to….
1.The atmosphere around the Earth is like the glass of a greenhouse, letting sunlight in and keeping heat from getting out.
2.As a result of the greenhouse effect, the Earth’s temperature is increasing.
3.In order to protect the environment, we need to take proper action.
4.We should also recycle as many things as we can.
5.If we just learn to live in new and different ways, we can make a difference.
1. Would anyone remain alive?
2. It’s important to stay with it!
3. In surprise, people finally started to notice the flood, but it was too late.
4. They expected the power to come back on at nay time.
5. Most of the power lines were so badly damaged that they could not be repaired.
1 We must try our best to p__________ the earth.
2 This animal lives under the e__________ and can’t see the sun.
3 Look! The farmers are busy working in the f__________.
4 It’s too cold here. Let’s b__________ wood to get warm.
5 It’s not right to throw rubbish on the g__________.
6 The doctors worked all days and all night to s__________ the child’s life.
7 They join the army because they want to f__________ against the enemies.
8 I want to d__________ the problem with you because I have a different idea.
9 It’s quite hot today. The t__________ is from 32oc to 38oc.
10 The most amazing thing about n__________ is its infinite variety.
11 Try to get into the h__________ of reading everyday.
12 She was b__________ hurt in the traffic accident.
13 I want to go swimming. Is there a p__________ nearby?
14 The d__________ body of the fish is smelly.
15 She became d__________ and can’t hear anything.
The hotel __________ __________ __________ dinner.
Don't forget to __________ __________ your rubbish.
__________ __________ __________ us __________ study English hard.
Many things are invisible, __________ __________, we can’t see air.
__________ __________tourists come to Guangzhou for sightseeing every year.
Listening to music __________ __________ __________ you.
The desk __________ __________ __________ wood.
We should try our best to protect the animals __________ __________.
His carelessness __________ __________ the failure.
We have to __________ __________ to reduce pollution.
A trained dog can __________ __________ a guide dog for the blind.
In order to protect the earth, people must __________ __________ __________ trees.
All the people left their work and stood aside to see him __________ __________.
I __________ __________ __________ my opinion.
We __________ __________ __________ __________ do it at present.
7A Unit 3 可数名词与不可数名词；There be句型
7B Unit 4：现在进行时
9B Unit 3：the same; different
9B Unit 4：it 作形式主语
1. Nobody is perfect, but everyone is different ______ others.
A. from B. of C. with D. in
2. This novel can make you laugh and cry at _____ same time.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
3. I found ___ not very easy ____ to ride a bike.
A. that, learn B. it, to learn C. that, to learn D. it, learn
4. It’s very good _____ you to take exercise regularly.
A. of B. for C. from D. with
5. Jack and Betty ______ in the lake. Let’s join them, shall we?
A. swim B. have swum C. swam D. are swimming
6. Don't talk here. Grandparents _____.
A. is sleeping B. are sleeping C. sleeping D. sleep
7. I often have _______ before meals. A. a soup B. some soups C. a bowl of soup D. two bowls of soups
8. How much ______ do you have for breakfast? A. milk B. apple C. egg D. orange
9．There _____ an English Evening next Tuesday．
A．was B．will be C．will have D．are going to be
10. How many ___ ____ there in your family?A. room, is B. rooms, is C. room, are D. rooms, are
People like _1_ things, especially young people. In the school, waste can -2- everywhere. Some students ask for _3_ food than they can eat and others often forget to turn off the lights _4_ they leave the classroom.
Waste can bring a lot of problems. Someone _5_ China is rich in some resources, such as coal, oil, trees and so on. They even say “_6_ rich our country is!” But actually, we _7_ no coal or oil to use in 100 years if we go on wasting. We really feel _8_ about what we can use in the future. Think about it _9_. I think we should say “no” to the students _10_ waste things every day. And we should help do something good to the environment.
In our daily life, we can do many things to stop waste from _11_, for example, we should turn off the taps after using it. Don’t throw the used paper _12_ we can recycle it. Let’ start out small from now on. Little _13_ little, everything will be changed. Waste can be stopped one day if we do _14_ best. The nature will be _15_ harmonious and our country will become more and more beautiful.
1. A. waste B. wasting C. wasted D. wastes
2. A. be seeing B. are seen C. see D. be seen
3. A. more B. many C. much D. most
4. A. after B. before C. since D. whether
5. A. saying B. be said C. say D. says
6. A. How B. How a C. What D. What an
7. A. have B. has C. had D. will have
8. A. worry B. worries C. worried D. worriedly
9. A. care B. careful C. carefully D. carefulness
10. A. who B. what C. where D. which
11. A. happen B. happening C. to happen D. happens
12. A. because B. although C. until D. if
13. A be seeing B. are seen C. by D. be seen
14. A. we B. us C. our D. ours
15. A. more B. most C. much D. many
Scientists are trying to make the deserts into good land again. They want to bring _1_ to the deserts, so people can live and _2_ food. They have learnt a lot about the _3_. But more and more of the earth is becoming desert all the time. _4_ may not be able to change the desert in time.
Why is more and more land becoming desert? Scientists think that people make deserts. People are polluting the environment. They are doing _5_ things to the Earth.
Some places on Earth don’t get much _6_. But they still don’t become deserts. This is because some green plants and grass are very _7_ to dry places. Plants don’t let the hot sun make the earth even drier. Plants don’t let the _8_ blow the dirt（泥土）away. When a little rain _9_, plants hold the water. Without plants, the land may become desert much more _10_.
1. A. sand B. plants C. water D. grass
2. A. waste B. grow C. throw D. sell
3. A. deserts B. seas C. stars D. planets
4. A. Teachers B. Doctors C. Scientists D. Students
5. A. good B. bad C. correct D. important
6. A. air B. clouds C. rain D. wind
7. A. important B. useless C. polite D. terrible
8. A. sun B. wind C. earth D. clouds
9. A. loses B. falls C. goes D. shines
10. A. hardly B. angrily C. difficultly D. easily
5 June is World Environment Day. This makes us pay more attention to our environment and the need to protect it.
When Wang Boxuan, a Beijing high school boy, uses up his exercise books, he does not throw them away. Each one is stored at his school with hundreds of exercise books given by other students. Then they are sold to a Beijing papermaking factory.
The paper is recycled and used again by students and teachers in the school. At the same time, the money made from the sales goes towards schools in Inner Mongolia for planting trees and grass. This place is one of the sources（源头）of the sandstorms that often attack Beijing during springtime.
Wang’s school is one of the schools in the capital that takes part in the “green promise” environmental protecting activity. So far, nearly 210,000 students have taken part in the activity, collecting more than 87 tons of waste paper.
With the Olympic Games held in Beijing in 2008, students are eager（渴望）to help make the capital a more pleasant place.
“There are some environment problems in the city, such as sandstorms.” said Wang. “We should do our duty and encourage others to do so as well.”
Vice-Premier（副总理）Zeng Peiyan has written a letter to the teachers and students to encourage them to go on supporting environmental protection.
1. What do Wang Boxuan and his schoolmates do with the waste exercise books?
A. They throw them away. B. They store and sell them.
C. They cut them into pieces. D. They give them to the students in Inner Mongolia.
2. What is the money from sales used for?
A. Buying new exercise books. B. Helping poor students. C. Planting trees and grass. D. Being stored.
3. What can we infer（推断）from the third paragraph?
A. Many years later, students will have no exercise books to use.
B. Many years later, there will be no waste paper.
C. Many years later, the sandstorms will be weaker in Beijing.
D. Many years later, Beijing will be much dirtier.
4. Which of the following is the correct order according to the passage?
a. Trees and grass were planted.
b. Schools in Inner Mongolia received the money.
c. Students collected waste paper.
d. Vice-Premier encouraged the teachers and students.
A. cbda B. badc C. bacd D. cbad
5. What is the best title for the passage?
A. Planting trees. B. Green promise. C. Collecting waste paper. D. Making money.
When an big earthquake hit Wenchuan on May 12，many houses fell down. After the earthquake, all the newspapers reported many stories about some of the families who were in trouble.
1. ____. It gave the clothing sizes of each family member. I thought that this would be a good chance to teach my children to help those who were less lucky than themselves. I said to my seven-year-old twins，Brad and Brett，and three-year-old Meghan. "We have so much，and these poor people now have nothing. We'll share what we have with them.”
2. ______. While I was doing this，I encouraged the boys to choose their toys and donate some of their less favorite things. Meghan watched quietly as the boys took out his old toys and games and put them together. Then she walked away. A few minutes later she came back with Lucy，her much-loved doll. 48. 3._______. "Oh，dear，” I said, “You don't have to give Lucy. You love her so much.” Meghan said，“Lucy makes me happy，Mommy. 4. ______.”
I looked at Meghan for a long moment. She taught me a lesson.5. _____，but harder to give what we cherish（珍爱），isn't?
A. She put the doll on top of the other toys.
B. One Sunday，when I was reading a newspaper，a special picture touched（触动）me.
C. It's easy to give something that we don't want any more
D. Maybe she'll make another little girl happy，too.
E. I filled a box with foods and clothes
原文：An electric bicycle, also known as an e-bike, is a bicycle with an electric motor used to help the bicycle run. Electric bicycles often cost about $1000. They use batteries and can travel up to 15 to 20 miles per hour. It often weighs about 40 kilograms. It has advantages such as no pollution and low noise. But if it runs up to 40 or 45 km, you have to change the battery. In England, people don’t think electric bicycles are bicycles. So they can’t ride an electric bicycle until they are at least 14 years old.
How to run
(with an electric motor/with an engine)
(about $100/ about $1000)
(up to 15 to 20 miles per hour/ up to 20 to 25 miles per hour)
(about 50 kilograms/ about 40 kilograms)
(no pollution and low noise/ cheap and good-looking)
下面你有50秒钟的时间准备。你的介绍可以这样开始： An e-bike is a bicycle…
以“We must protect the Earth”为题，写一篇不少于60个单词的短文,给出的单词不算入总词数。
We must protect the Earth
Nowadays当今，there is a lot of pollution on Earth. The Earth is crying.
(Para2 What can we do to protect the Earth?)
一、 protect, earth, field, burn, ground, save, fight, discuss, temperature, nature, habit, badly, pool, dead, deaf
二、 provides us with, throw away, It’s important for to, for example, Millions of, is good for, is made of, in danger, resulted in, take action, act as, stop cutting down, pass by, stick with, have not time to
1—5 ACBBD 6—10 BCABD
1—5 BDABD 6—10 ADCCA 11—15 BACCA
1—5 CBACB 6—10 CABBD
An ebike is a bicycle with an electric motor used to help the bicycle run. Electric bicycles often cost about $1,000. They can travel up to 15 to 20 miles per hour. It often weighs about 40 kilograms. It has advantages such as no pollution and low noise.八、书面表达
Protect the Earth The Earth is our home. It provides us with air, water and food. However, people pollute the Earth every day. (1) Pollution becomes one of the biggest problems on Earth（污染成为了地球最大的问题之一）. For example, (2) people burn things to make energy（人们燃烧东西来产生能量）. This pollutes the air. (3) People throw away a lot of rubbish every day（人们每天扔很多垃圾）. This pollutes the land. People put the rubbish into the sea and under the ground. This pollutes the water. What’s worse (4) people catch a lot of fish every day（人们每天捕捉很多鱼）. There are fewer and fewer fish in the sea every year. We must stop doing these things now. (5) It’s very important for us to protect the Earth for our future （为了我们的将来， 保护地球非常重要）.
|文章录入：admin 责任编辑：admin |
|上一篇文章： 2018年广州市中考英语话题复习（五）:话题5 Fun time|
|【字体：小 大】【发表评论】【加入收藏】【告诉好友】【打印此文】【关闭窗口】 |