话题6 Science & Technology
8上U1 human, musician, scientist, born, countryside, ability, perhaps, invention, notebook, include, even, however, nobody, win, dollar
8上U2 number, instruction(s), check, son, chess, India, wise, promise, prize, double, rest, gold, instead, realize, copy, traffic
8上U3 order, compare, speaker, keyboard, mouse, brain, control, expensive, tiny, depend, speed, railway, price, total, sell, popular
8上U4 funny, create, telephone, wheel, comfortable, century, passenger, invent, since, develop, candle, special, wing, introduction
8上 U7 corner, lose, mention, method, mind, silly, mile, letter, worth, spell, unless, trouble, list, step, similar, note, wallet, basket, manager
8上U1 in the countryside, human being, die out, find out, go for a walk
8上U2 a long time ago, challenge…to…, and so on, copy down
8上U3 work as, (be) unaware of, depend on, in addition, grand total, look forward to
8上U4 since then, keep in touch with, in the daytime, keep off, at the same time
8上 U7 take out, pour out
1. -- Do they have any questions about dinosaurs?
-- Yes. They have some questions about dinosaurs.
2. From an early age, he showed great intelligence and artistic ability.
3. Dinosaurs lived on Earth more than 60 million years before human beings.
4. Some dinosaurs were as small as chickens. Others were as big as ten elephants. Some could even fly.
5. It’s always useful to have an encyclopaedia around the house.
1. A long time ago, there was a king in India.
2. If I win the game, I’d like one grain of rice for the first square of the chessboard, two for the second, four for the third, and then double the amount for each of the rest of the squares.
3. The king promised the old man, “You can have any prize if you win the game.”
4. Wouldn’t you like gold or silver instead?
5. However, they could only count small numbers in this way.
1. Now computers are becoming smaller and better.
2. You depend on computers more than you realize.
3. They can calculate at a faster speed than we can and almost never give wrong answers.
4. Your brain can produce new ideas but computers cannot.
5. Computers may change our lives, but will they make them better?
1. They help people live a better life.
2. The wheel is perhaps the greatest invention in history.
3. With light bulbs, people can do as many things in the evenings as they can in the daytime.
1. You can go to farther places in a shorter time.
5. You will be as free as a bird.
1. Once we learn how to ride a bike, we will never forget how to do it.
A great way to help you remember something is to imagine a picture of it in your mind.
2. If you make the picture big, strange or silly, you will remember it better.
3. Remember: a picture is worth a thousand words.
4. You will forget something very quickly unless you understand it well.
1. When did the h__________ history begin?
2. Some of the students failed the exam. H__________ ,Tom did quite well.
3. I spent 5 d________ on the bag.
4. Which team w________ the football match last time ?
5. I opened the door, but there is n__________ in the room.
6. The song is p___________ all over the world.
7. My father is a manager of a c__________.
8. In this unit, we can learn how to c_________ two different things in English.
9. Please make an o________ for a new sofa.
10. Do you know who i_________ the first telephone?
11. A c__________ means 100 years.
12. Is there anything s_________ in today’s newspaper?
13. It is said that (据说) God c__________ the world.
14. Our Math teacher is very f_________ and he often tells us jokes to make us laugh.
15. The driver asked all the p_________ to sit down before he started the engine.
Let me call her up on the telephone and ________ ________ the truth.
It is good to __________ __________ _________ __________ after dinner.
_______ _____________, Mr. Li is a great basketball player.
You may ______ __________ _______ your mistakes.
He __________ ________ a lawyer last year.
My friend Jane went to America two years ago, and I’m ___________ ___________
______ ___________ her again.
We can’t __________ ______ our parents forever.
Please _________ _________ the grass!
We should listen and take notes ________ ________ _________ _________.
_________ _________， they haven’t met each other.
I _________ _________ _________ _________ my friends by email.
Please _____ ______ the telephone number
____ _____ _____ ______ , there was a King.
Guangzhou Tower ____ _____ _______ . .
My grandfather likes living _____ ______ ______ ______ .
8上U1 A.some and any B.somebody,anybody,nobody.etc.
8上U2 A. cardinal and ordinal numbers B. instructions about numbers
8上U3 A. the comparative of adjectives B. the superlative of adjectives
8上U4 A. good, bad and far B. (not) as…as
8上U7 A. conditional sentences(2) B. if…not and unless
1. There is __________ bread in the kitchen. Would you like __________?
A. some; some B. some; any C. any; some D. any; any
2. I couldn’t think of __________ about this topic.
A. something new B. new anything C. anything new D. new something
3. April is the _______ month of year.
A. four B. fourth C. five D. fifth
5.--Do you remember” __________ you eat, __________ you are?
--Sorry, I won’t eat too much. I’m too fat now.
A. more; more fatter B. more; fatter
C. the more; the more fatter D. the more; the fatter
6. This morning our head teacher came to school __________ than __________ student in our class.
A. much early; any B. much earlier; any
C. much early; any other D. much earlier; any other
7. The man is so old that he is getting _______ day by day.
A. bad B. badly C. worse D. worst
8. You can have a _______ study at the university.
A. far B. farther C. fur D. further
9. She will sing a song ____ she is asked.
A. if B. unless C. for D. since
10.You'll miss the train ______ you hurry up.
A. unless B. as C. if D. Until
Man has invented four kinds of satellites. The first kind of satellite studies the geography 1 the earth. They are used to make maps. They also help countries to see where they may 2 oil or gold.
The second kind of satellite is used to guide ships and planes. A ship or a plane can 3 a message to the satellite, and satellite can find out 4 the ship or the plane is.
The third kind studies the weather. These satellites 5 clouds and strong winds moving across the earth . They warn countries to make preparations when very 6 weather is coming. 7 kind is used for communication. Telephone calls 8 countries can be sent by these satellites. Some can carry hundreds of calls at the same time . The call is sent to the satellite, then the satellite sends it to a station in the country and this country is 9 . These satellites also carry pictures; they can receive and send about eight programs 10 .
1. A. to B. in C. on D. of
2. A. finds B. find C. looks for D. look for
3. A. write B. take C. send D. bring
4. A. where B. what C. which D. that
5. A. look B. watch C. notice D. see
6. A. badly B. worse C. bad D. worst
7. A. The last B. Another C. Other D. Any other
8. A. among B. along C. between D. of
9. A. phone B. phoning C. telephone D. being phoned
10. A. at the time B. at a time C. at times D. at time
Computers have done us a lot since they turned up. In the future they will play a more important part in many __1__，such as education，transport，personal lives，scientific research and so on. Nowadays，computers are being __2__ in agriculture and industry。
More and more computers will come into our daily life with the __3__ of science and technology. If you want to change money or pay your electricity bills，you won't have to go to the __4__．A computer and a telephone will help you. It can also help you to do the housework 。It is __5__ that most people will work at home. People will be able to use the videophone __6__ meetings. This can help us to save a lot of energy and __7__．It is said that trains in Japan will have no drivers，because they'll be well __8__ by computers.
Computer programs are already well developed. You can type the name of a certain subject and a worldwide list of book titles will __9__ on your screen. You may choose __10__ you want.
1．A. families B．fields C．factories D．school
2．A. used B．put C．shown D．given
3．A .increase B．progress C．production D．development
4．A. office B．bank C．shop D．post office
5．A .important B．necessary C．possible D．complete
6． 8．A. at B．for C．with D．in
7．A. material B．time C．place D．money
8．A. operated B．done C．made D．run
9．A. show B．appear C．offer D．come up
10．A. whatever B．how C．whichever D．When
As space science develops, man has learned more and more about space. Space is not only amazing but also dangerous. While working in space, spacemen are facing danger as well as success.
Scientists have found out that the radiation（辐射）is the greatest danger to spacemen in space. When spacemen are working in space, they are in danger of the radiation from the sun and other stars, which is bad for their health. The harm of the radiation won’t be found until their children even grandchildren are born. Some special medicine may work a little, but no really effective medicine has been found so far.
Space rubbish is also thought to be a great danger to spacemen. It’s reported that there were 9,000 man-made things flying in space. About 30% of these are satellites, 10% are spaceships, and the rest are space rubbish. An explosion（爆炸）in space in 1999 made a cloud of 300,000 fragments, each at least 4mm in size. A small piece of these even knocked a spaceship window and caused some damage（损坏）.
Scientists are watching and reporting any possible danger all the time. They are working to deal with space rubbish. Although space is really dangerous, it interests many people on the earth. In the near future, it may be possible for people to spend a few days in a space hotel. We may even choose to leave the earth and live in space in a few years. So we should do something to help improve the space environment.
1. Which of the following shows the man-made things in space in the correct way?
2. To spacemen, the radiation from the sun and other stars is .
A. good B. helpful C. useful D. harmful
3. The underlined word “fragments” means “ ”.
A. 碎片 B. 泡沫 C. 烟雾 D. 飞碟
4. How many kinds of danger in space does the passage tell us?
A. Two. B. 3. C. Four. D. Five.
5. Which of the following is TRUE from the passage?
A. Scientists have found out ways to solve any problem in space.
B. Every one of us can have a travel to space in ten years.
C. The harm of the radiation may be found in the spacemen’s children.
D. Space is really dangerous, so it doesn’t interest anyone on the earth.
Shanghai Science and Technology Museum is the city's new landmark (标志性建筑). If you go to visit Shanghai, ____1______which is considered one of the world-class attractions in Shanghai.
“Ready to fly”____2______ as Well as the spirit Shanghai's people and their search for new science and technology.
In the exhibition area known as The Cradle of Designers, visitors can see design creations from Shanghai. They can star in their own music videotapes and make small gifts for their relatives and friends, ____3______
The Science and Technology Garden for Children, ____4______, looks like a land in a fairy tale. There are two springs and a fountain that begins its display at the sound of a loud cry. There is also a large tree that shows how green plants change carbon dioxide and water into food. Children will not only have fun in the garden but also ___5_______.
A. and the best of their designs will be collected and displayed in the area
B. people there will suggest you go to the Shanghai Science and Technology Museum
C. which was designed for children aged from 1 to 12
D. learn some simple and basic facts about science and technology
E.the design also represents (代表) the rapid development of Pudong
一天,你去参观了科技馆,了解了1969 年6 月20 日人类第一次登月的经历,并聆听了一场航天飞行(space flight)讲座,了解了火箭的结构,并理解了航天飞行对人类的重要性。一天的行程之后,请你写一篇文章把你的经历和想法和大家分享一下。 不少于80 词。
Popular Science and Modern Technology
Yesterday, I went to _____________________________________________________________
话题6 Science & Technology
1 human 2 However 3 dollars 4 won 5 nobody 6 popular 7 company 8 compare 9 order 10 invented 11 century 12 special 13 created 14 funny 15 passengers
1 find out 2 go for a walk 3 In addition 4 be unaware of 5 worked as 6 looking forward to 7 depend on 8 keep off 9 at the same time 10 Since then 11 keep in touch with 12 copy down 13 A long time ago 14 is worth visiting 15 in the countryside
1-5 A CBA D 6-10 BCDAA
1-5 DBCAB 6-10 CACDB
1-5 B ADBC 6-10 BBABA
1-5 B D A A C
In the future, there will be computers in each home. They will help us know more about the world. We will be able to talk online. Kids won’t go to school and study at home on computers .Scientists will make lots of robots. They can help us do some homework .For example, cooking, cleaning. And I think there will be more cars and pollution. So we should grow more trees and find other useful solutions to protect our environment .In a word, the life in the world will be wonderful.
Popular Science and Modern Technology
Yesterday, I went to the science museum with my friends. At there, I learned much about the first time for human to be on the moon. Two American astronauts landed on the moon on July 20th 1969. They put a camera on the moon so that the people on the earth could watch them on TV at home. They collected some rocks on the moon and brought them back to the earth. These helped people to learn the moon very much. I also listened a speech of space flight. I learned something about the structure of a space rocket and understand the importance of space flight to mankind. It was a wonderful trip. I learned much about the space. If I have time, I want to go there again and learn more about science.