Some scientists say that animals in the ocean are
increasingly threatened(威胁) by noise pollution caused by
human beings. The noise that influences sea animals comes
from a number of human activities. It is caused mainly by
industrial underwater explosions(爆炸) , ocean drilling, and
ship engines. Such noises are added to natural sounds.
These sounds include the breaking of ice fields, underwater
earthquakes, and sounds made by animals themselves.
Decibels (分贝) measured in water are different from those measured on land. A noise of one hundred and twenty decibels on land causes pain to human ears. In water, a decibel level of one hundred and ninety five would have the same effect（效果）.
Some scientists have proposed setting a noise limit （限度）of one hundred and twenty decibels in oceans. They have observed that noises at that level can frighten and confuse whales（鲸鱼）.
A team of American and Canadian scientists discovered that louder noises can seriously injure some animals. The research team found that powerful underwater explosions were causing whales in the area to lose their hearing. This seriously affected the whales' ability to exchange information and find their way. Some of the whales even died. The explosions had caused their ears to bleed.
Many researchers whose work depends on ocean sounds object to a limit of one hundred and twenty decibels. They say such a limit would mean an end to important industrial and scientific research. Scientists do not know how much and what kinds of noises are harmful to ocean animals. However, many scientists suspect that noise is a greater danger than they believed. It’s time for them to take action to help ocean animals.
22. Which of the following is not caused by human beings?
A. The noise of industrial underwater explosions.
B. The noise of ocean drilling.
C. The sound of underwater earthquakes
D. The noise of ship engines.
23. What does the second paragraph mainly tell us?
A. The same noise measures differently on land and in the ocean.
B. Different places may have different types of noises.
C. The noises can cause humans to lose hearing.
D. There are different kinds of natural sounds in the ocean.
24. Which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. Powerful underwater explosions aren’t harmful to whales’ ears.
B. Many researchers are against the noise limit of 120 decibels.
C. Noises cannot cause whales’ death.
D. The noise limit of 120 decibels would hardly influence the industrial research.
25. According to the passage, we can infer that scientists will probably .
A. work hard to cut down natural sounds.
B. stop industrial and scientific research in oceans.
C. try their best to make no noise.
D. protect ocean animals from harmful noises.
【答案】22. C 23. A 24. B 25. D
22. 根据These sounds include the breaking of ice fields, underwater earthquakes, and sounds made by animals themselves.可知水下地震的声音不是人类引起的；故选C
23. 根据Decibels (分贝) measured in water are different from those measured on land.和后文可知主要讲水下分贝测量和陆地不一样；故选A
31. 句意：——森迪，你喜欢哪种餐馆？——我更喜欢那种给顾客提供免费Wi-Fi的餐馆。根据what kind of restaurants do you like?和首字母，可知是更喜欢；故填prefer
32. 句意：金老师非常有耐心/受欢迎，他经常把难题解释很多次直到我们理解。根据He often explains difficult problems many times until we understand. 和首字母，可知是有耐心/受欢迎，
33. 句意：当穿过街道时用手机对人们来说很危险。根据use the mobile phone while crossing the street. 和首字母，可知是危险的；故填dangerous