Once a boy came to ask a fisherman how to become cleverer, because his mother always called him “ 1 boy”.
“That’s easy,” answered the fisherman. “I know one 2 to make you become cleverer.”
“Of course. It is said a fish head is 3 for brain. If you eat one, you’ll become cleverer indeed.It 4 only three pounds for one fish head.” The boy gave him three pounds and the fisherman 5 a fish head and handed it to him.
A raw fish head is not good—not even for a hungry boy to eat but the boy ate it up 6
“Do you feel anything?” asked the fisherman.
“Not in my head,” said the boy.
The boy 7 on the ground and thought. “One whole fish costs only two pounds. I had paid him three pounds for the fish head. 8 couldn’t I have the whole fish for soup, a head for brain and one pound left over?” He jumped up and shouted at the fisherman. “You thief! You are 9 me!” The fisherman laughed, saying, “The fish head 10 now, you see.”
1. A. lazy B. naughty C. foolish D. handsome
2. A. man B. way C. fish D. advice
3. A. good B. bad C. fresh D. common
4. A. cost B. take C.spend D. pay
5. A. take off B. cut off C. turn off D. get off
6. A. happily B. sadly C. quickly D. quietly
7. A. ran B. lied C. put D. stood
8. A. When B. What C. Where D. Why
9. A. killing B. fooling C. helping D. blaming
10. A. comes B. lives C. works D. moves
完形填空答案：C B A A B C D D B C