|Every 14 days, another language dies. There are many reasons for this阅读理解答案,.|
|作者：佚名 文章来源：web 点击数 更新时间：2018/6/29 9:24:45 文章录入：admin 责任编辑：admin|
| Every 14 days, another language dies. There are many reasons for this. Some people think more common languages have more economic(经济的)power. Because of this, young people choose to learn a common language as they think it is more useful. Another reason is that some languages aren't written down. Guujaaw is a leader of the Haida Nation, whose people have lived on the Queen Charlotte Islands, Canada, for more than 10, 000 years. Their language is endangered. Traditionally, it wasn’t written down, and, as a result, some people are worried that it will die one day. Guujaaw replies to this, "We talk to each other, listen, visit, and believe in the spoken word. Expressing yourself without writing is natural." However, if Guujaaw's language and others like it are going to stay alive, writing may have to become part of their lives.|
When a language dies, a lot of knowledge dies with it. To begin with, language is a huge part of the culture of the people who speak it. Language allows speakers to say certain things: words that describe a cultural idea may not translate exactly into another language. Furthermore, many endangered languages have rich spoken cultures, Stories, songs and histories are passed on from older people to younger generations(一代), Elizabeth Lindsey, an expert in languages, emphasizes(强调) this. “When an elder dies, a library is burned,” she says.
Also, language death affects our knowledge about nature. Local people often have a deep understanding of plants, animals, and the relationship between them. David Harrison, a researcher on endangered languages, reflects, “80% of plant and animal species(物种)have been undiscovered by science. But that doesn’t mean they're unknown to humans.”
Many languages are endangered. However, it s not too late. Children often grow up speaking two languages. "No one ..becomes richer by giving up… one language to learn another,” Harrison said. If children feel both languages are important, they will use both. So, it is necessary that children realize how useful their local language is.
27. How many reasons are mentioned for endangered languages in Paragraph 1?
A. 2 B. 3. C. 4 D. 5.
28. In Paragraph 2, the writer mainly tells us_____.
A. how cultures are passed on B. how cultures are discovered
C. why languages are written down D. why languages are important to cultures
29. The underlined word "affects" in the passage means “_______”.
A. waits for B. depends on
C. is different from D. has an influence on
30. Which of the following is the writer's opinion?
A. People need to use common languages more often.
B. The spoken word is more important than the written word.
C. Children are the hope to stop the local language from dying.
D. Many animals and plants are in danger because of dying languages.
【答案】27. A 28. D 29. D 30. C
27. 根据ome people think more common languages have more economic(经济的)power. Because of this, young people choose to learn a common language as they think it is more useful. Another reason is that some languages aren't written down可知提到了两个语言消失的原因；故选A
28. 根据To begin with, language is a huge part of the culture of the people who speak it.和an expert in languages, emphasizes(强调) this. “When an elder dies, a library is burned,”可知讲诉了语言对于文化的重要性；故选D
29. 根据language death affects our knowledge about nature.语言的消失影响我们关于自然的知识；故选D
30. 根据If children feel both languages are important, they will use both. So, it is necessary that children realize how useful their local language is.可知作者认为孩子是阻止语言消失的希望；故选C
eight active seldom quarter interview
31. Tom has been _____ in raising money for the old people’s home.
32. Sally is such a careful girl that she _____ makes spelling mistakes.
33. These days we are _____ some students for the coming art festival.
34. You can find more information about outer space in the _____ unit of Smart Science.
35. A_____ of the students taking the course Basic Football, improved their sports skills.
32. seldom 33. interviewing
34. eighth 35. quarter
31. 句意：汤姆积极为敬老院筹钱。根据be active in积极做某事；故填active
32. 句意：莎莉是如此细心的女孩，以至于她很少犯拼写错误。根据Sally is such a careful girl和选词，可知是很少犯错；故填seldom
34. 句意：在Smart Science.第八单元你能找到关于外太空更多的消息。根据the+序数词+名词单数，表示“ 第几---”；故填eighth
35. 句意：四分之一的学生参加了课程，提高他们的运动技能。根据a quarter of四分之一的---；故填quarter